Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Personal Update

Now that Spring term has begun at LBCC, I’m taking Feature Writing to learn more about journalism beyond news reporting!

Since I started News Reporting last term, some exciting things have happened. Cross country season began (and has almost ended,) I’ve committed to George Fox University for next Fall, and I’ve learned a lot about journalism. Writing for the Commuter and getting my work out into the world has been a great experience.

In this class, I’m looking forward to writing some stories about things that interest me but aren’t necessarily “news”—things like my own life, the beautiful city of Corvallis, and anything else I want to share. I’m looking forward to learning more about feature writing and how the style of it differs from news writing.

My three goals for the class are to (1) get as many stories as I can published in the Commuter, (2) develop my writing skills to match the format, and (3) have fun writing about things that are important to me and to readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing 200 Blog Post 22 - The End

Write a reflection on your blogging life. What have you learned about keeping a blog this semester? Is blogging something you will continue ...