Thursday, January 7, 2021

Hello!

My name is Aidan Arthur. I'm a high school senior, a writer, and a cross country runner. I’m taking News Reporting at LBCC this term.

I've been interested in journalism for a while, so I'm looking forward to learning more about it and getting some first-hand experience. I'm especially excited to learn how to do the parts of the journalistic process other than writing, like research and specifically conducting interviews. If I do pursue journalism later on, this will be very helpful. But even if I don't, I'm sure it will be a valuable skill.

I'm also excited to learn how to write news stories, which tend to be denser than other forms of writing. I think it will be valuable not just for this class but for my writing in general to learn this more condensed form. In addition to this, I think that working for the Commuter will give me some valuable experience in newspaper publishing, working with a news team, and journalism in general.

As my first assignment, I've decided to write about how LBCC teachers have adapted to teaching online over the past months. I'll be interviewing two LBCC staff members (Steven Merge, Communication instructor, and Chris Riseley, English instructor,) and two students (Krista Fortenberry and Angel Cardona.) These are the questions I’ll ask.

1: How have you (or your teachers) adapted to teaching classes online rather than in person?

2: In your opinion, what are the benefits and drawbacks to online school?

3: What effect, positive or negative, do you believe this change has had on students?

4: Are there any specific online teaching strategies that you (or your teachers) have used that you think are effective?

5: Do you have any thoughts on the topic that I haven’t asked about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing 200 Blog Post 22 - The End

Write a reflection on your blogging life. What have you learned about keeping a blog this semester? Is blogging something you will continue ...